Badgered

John and I traded in both of our cars and got a brand new VW gold wagon diesel. It's a beauty!
Well we are financing (obviously) and they gave us a rate of 3.9% which is why we were able to do this deal in the first place. In fact, we were told on 4 different occasions that the rate was 3.9.
Yesterday we get a phone call from the financial guy at the dealership "yeah um... I have some bad news, there seems to have been a problem with the rate we gave you, you were supposed to get a rate of 4.9 because you have a diesel engine, 3.9 is for gas cars only... and I remember John saying to me that it was a gas so I am going to need $1100 from you guys"
I'm like, um no? John NEVER said it was a gas engine first of all, don't be putting words in our mouths, and second of all that's the rate you gave us, and we signed a binding contract.
So he tells me to talk to John and get back to him.
John calls his dad (lawyer) and he explains that since we signed a binding contract saying 3.9 then that's what it is.
Also called VW finance, and they told us the same thing.
So I call Ken back, and I say I am really sorry that you made that mistake Ken but unfortunately John and I will not be paying you 1100 dollars.
Ken loses his mind.
I got this list of lies (quite impressive):
- the contract is void because it says the wrong interest rate (rrrrr wrong)
- the manager is probably going to take the car back (rrr wrong, if he does i will charge him with theft seeing as I hold the bill of sale in my paws!)
- this is going to come out of my pocket (no... but it may come off of your commission!)
- why can't you understand that I'm not perfect, other people in this situation would have no problem coming in and giving us the money or signing a new contract (thats nice, those people probably have more then 20 dollars in their collective bank accounts!)
- why should I have to take the hit for something that you shouldn't be getting? The next person that walks through those doors will get the rate of 4.9 so why do you get special treatment! (um ken, remember this was YOUR fault?)

Anyways, I could write a book on the lies I was told and that doesn't make me want to help you ken!!!

Maybe if you would have been straight up with me from the beginning and told me what was going on WITHOUT putting words in Johns mouth and what not I would have agreed to help you!

Please see the youtube video link i posted... and if you youtube 'badger commercials' you will get to enjoy 10 others which make your gut split they're so funny.

0 comments:

Post a Comment