A Birthday To Remember...

November is always a stressful month for John and I with regards to school, so last year my birthday was kind of a flop. This year in approx April John had decided that my 24th birthday was going to be made memorable, and of course just to make me frustrated it was all going to be a surprise....
So since April I have been hearing about my birthday, John would say things like "Oh, I am so excited for your birthday! Wanna know what we're doing? Too bad! HA!" Which would make me angry, so you can imagine the built up anger and poking by John that I was experiencing the week before and up until the big day.
As it came closer I was informed that we would be needing a puppy sitter and it was going to be an over night trip, I was to pack normal things. (no hints whatsoever!!!!)
Then about 4 days before the big day John was on the phone with CanadaPost yelling about some package that had gone missing that was worth much more then the insurance that they had offered him with it, and then John was also yelling at his bank because of some transaction that they refused to tract for him... anyways, I was very very confused.
Oh and one more thing, he had taken a name out of my phone for some purpose.
Saturday finally comes, John wakes me up early and I pack a bag, we get loaded up into the car and take Virginia to Grandma's house. Back in the car on our way to the highway John says "I was going to blindfold you for an hour or so but would you prefer to know where it is we're going?" I'm sure you can insert my answer here, he hands me an envelope with "well goodmorning!" on it.
The letter said something to the effect of 'happy birthday, I will give you 3 hints as to where we are going' and there were three flaps for me to open, the hints were
- it is cold
- it has places you like to eat and shop
- it may or may not be hosting the grey cup
Edmonton! how crazy, we were going to drive 11 hours in 2 days?? wow...
We arrived in Edmonton and about noon, and stopped in an Arbys parking lot. John told me I wasn't allowed out of the car and he and some stranger made an exchange of small papers while i sat in the car.
We checked into our hotel, and then went to the best avenue in the city and shopped around. John kept saying we cannot be late we have a reservation at 5:15 so watch the time.
5:00 came so we got into the car and John handed me an envelop that said hungry? inside the letter gave me three options under the flaps that i was to chose from, each option said Pad Thai (which is my favourite restaurant of all time)!! So we went to get dinner, and as we approached the restaurant we found a giant hole in the ground, Pad Thai was gone.
After mourning the loss of our beloved Pad Thai we found a place called Maki Maki around the corner which looked good, and it was.
We finished dinner early so we got a latte and some dessert and when we got back into the car John handed me a giant envelope with a smaller one attached that said 'I don't know about you but I couldn't eat another bite"
This letter said that we were going to an Oilers game and I had to wear what was in the envelope, which was an Oilers t-shirt.
HOLY COW!!! So awesome!!!!
This game was going to be amazing, they were playing the Sharks and it was totally sold out!!!
We got to the stadium and sat down... it was almost as if we were on the ice! our seats were amazing.
Well... there are many details about how the weekend came to be and what else went on but this is the reader's digest version.
what an amazing man I have! holy moly!

1 comments:

Full & Happy Heart said...

I am so very glad you had a wonderful birthday!! And I am so glad you have John :-)
xoxoxo

Post a Comment